Trademark, is a recognizable sign, design or expression which identifies products or services of a particular source from those of others. The trademark owner can be an individual, business organization, or any legal entity. A trademark may be located on a package, a label, a voucher or on the product itself.
REQUIREMENTS FOR MAKING TRADE MARK APPLICATION
- Full Name and address of Applicant.
- Specification of goods or services specified in terms of individual name.
- Class, International Class of goods and services.
- Mark Character, device, figure, logo and/or color.
- Form TM-48 (Power of Attorney)
- Certified Copy of the application which is the basis of the convention priority (if applicable) may be field with in three (3) months from the Indian filling date.
- A clear print of the mark or 10 prints of color mark (not large than 7cm x 7cm).
- List of all Items/ Goods to which the Trade Mark/ Service Mark is applied or proposed to be applied for.
- Date since used, if the Trade Mark/ Service Mark is already being used in India.
- List of countries with date, where the Trade Mark/ Service Mark has already been applied for.